|Shikai Release Command||Burn, Engetsu|
Father of Ichigo, Karin and Yuzu Kurosaki.
|Previous Occupation||Soul Reaper in Gotei 13|
|First Appearance||Anime: Episode 1|
Manga: Chapter 1
Isshin Kurosaki normally wears a shirt of some sort along with trousers, and a white doctors coat as he owns a clinic. He has black hair and some facial hair too.
It was later revealed in the story that Isshin Kurosaki was actually a Shinigami of Captain-class level, and when he returns to his Shinigami form, he wears regular Shinigami's robes and what looks almost like a captains jacket hung over his left shoulder, like some sort of sash.
Isshin is very jovial and often acts immature and idiotic towards his kids, primarily Ichigo, who he arbitralily attacks for no apparent reason but to annoy him. However, being a doctor Isshin is quite intelligent and additionally has comprehensive knowledge of spirit related phenomenons, as he was once a soul reaper captain. Isshin, despite masquerading as a goofy, annoying father most of the time, is very compassionate and strives to be the best caretaker he can be for his children for his wife, who died. He gives him a good luck charm that Ichigo's mother gave to him, as a way of protecting Ichigo's body whenever Kon switched into it if Ichigo was in his soul reaper form.
Since Isshin was a former soul reaper captain, he easily exerts a spirit force which Ichigo and Shinji were able to sense from miles away. He also seems to be skillful in using kido by enchanting the lucky charm he gave to Ichigo which protected Kon from an imperfect arrancar which still possessed power greater than that of the average gillian. Isshin, like all soul reapers, possesses a zanpakuto, named Engetsu, shikai, and bankai have not yet been revealed. It has a red handle with a hexagonal handguard, and it is hung from a string tied around his belt.
Isshin was once a soul reaper captain (judging from the piece of a captain's white coat tied around his shoulder), but not much else is known about his past. He does, however, know a lot about the arrancar and the Visoreds, and he also appears to be well acquainted with Kisuke Urahara.
 Powers & Abilities
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatent: As subtly portrayed by attacking his unsuspecting son, he is proficient in hand to hand combat.
- Enhanced Durability: Even without his Shinigami powers, he has shown an exceptional tolerance to large amounts of damage.
- Immense Spiritual Pressure: Isshin has an immensely powerful spiritual energy, both Shinji and Ichigo were able to sense his presence miles from his location, Kon is also able to sense Isshin's power during the battle between Isshin and the Grand Fisher after just on swing of his Zanpakutō.
- Master Swordsmanship Specialist: Although having not used his Shinigami powers for some time, he still is able to perform exceptionally well and with a lot of power allowing him to, almost effortlessly, cut through the Grand Fisher's Zanpakuto and cutting him all with his sword still in it's sealed state. During his fight with Aizen, he called his method of fighting Kendo to which he can perform proficiently and with enough destructive force to break solid concrete into pieces with a single blow.
- Immense Strength: Isshin has shown to be incredably strong. He was able to blast Aizen through two buildings with a simple flick of his finger on his own arm to push him back.
- Kidō Master: Isshin is capable of 'charming' objects to use as a sheild against hostile forces, such as the Grand Fisher. He is also capable of creating barriers that completely erase any trace of Riatsu.
- Flashsteps Expert: He is shown to be agile and capable of successfully performing Shunpo. He uses this technique to constantly keep his opponents on their toes.
 ZanpakutōZangetsu to the extent of Isshin being able to use Getsuga Tenshō. It has a red handle with a hexagonal tsuba (somewhat similar to Ichigo's Sword before fully attaining his Shinigami Powers). It carries it by is waist, attached via a peice of string and wears it around his belt in an Iaidō style. It is also worn end up, differnt to the norm of a Katana being end down. At the end of it's handle it has a blue tassel.
- Shikai: Not yet revealed.
- Getsuga Tenshō: (月牙天衝, Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer): During his battle with Aizen he was shown using Getsuga Tenshō, but compressing his Spiritual Energy at the end of his blade and releasing it by slashing down. With it he was able to destroy a significant area of Karakura Town and create a large crator in the ground.
- Bankai: Not yet revealed.
Related Threads[character discussion] Isshin Kurosaki - last post by @ Jun 23, 2007
Character of the Month - Ichigo Kurosaki - last post by Dragoon @ Feb 6, 2010
This page has been accessed 47,559 times.