(Redirected from Tōsen Kaname)
Kaname Tōsen is the former captain of the 9th division, he now resides in Hueco Mundo as an ally to the traitor Sōsuke Aizen. Tōsen follows a personal philosophy, stating he follows the path that leads to the least bloodshed - To which he believes to be the path of Justice.
|Height||172.72 cm (5'8")|
|Weight||60.9 kg (134 lbs)|
|Occupation(s)||Commander of Aizen's Arrancar Army,|
Former Captain of the 9th Division,
Former 5th Seat of the 9th Division.
|Partner(s)||Sōsuke Aizen, Gin Ichimaru|
|Voice actor(s)||David Rasner|
|First Appearance||Manga - Volume 10. Chapter 81|
Anime - Episode 24
Kaname Tōsen has dark brown skin and dark brown braids (in the anime they are purple). He has been blind since birth. Tōsen, along side Sōsuke Aizen and Gin Ichimaru changed his outfit when he defected from Soul Society. His current outfit consists of longer gloves, a band-like visor, an orange rope that goes from his shoulder across his chest to underneath his left arm and his braids let down. Although he is usually seen holding his Zanpakutō in his hands, he has been shown to keep it suspended form string on the side of his clothes. When he was still a captain he wore the traditional Shinigami uniform, with the sleeves rolled up to his shoulders and his captain's haori over it; the uniform was tied with a purple obi sash. He also wore white boots (in place of the normal sandals), an orange scarf around his neck and black, fingerless gloves. He usually wore clear goggles and kept his hair tied back in a ponytail.
Around 100 years ago before he was a captain, he wore the standard Shinigami uniform with a long-collared white jacket over it (as did most of Kensei Muguruma's squad). His hair was held backwards and up (similar to Love Aikawa's current style), with a mask covered his mouth and nose and large goggles covered his eyes and forehead, covering his entire face.
 Powers and Abilities
Suzumushi (lit. Crickit): As any most other Zanpakutō in it's sealed state, Suzumushi looks like a regular Katana. The cross guard is in the shape of a tear drop with is slightly arcing over to the blade. On the cross guard are several over tear drop holes that decorate the larger, curved part. The ring that's at the pointed end plays a vital role in the release of Tōsen's Bankai. It's unknown whether this is the Zanpakutō of his own soul, or the one of his deceased friend.
- Shikai: Unlike most Zanpakutō, Tōsen's Katana has two release commands. Each producing a different ability.
- Ability: Even in Shikai form the look of Suzumushi looks like a regular Katana. It's release command is Cry (nake), and with immediate effect it can project a high pitched sound over a wide area, which overloads the ear drums and causes the opponent to faint (Much like the noise a Cricket). A ringing tone can be produced by the Zanpakutō, which has been used by Tōsen to free himself from Kazeshini's chains.
- Suzumushi Nishiki (Cricket 2nd Movement)
- Benihikō (Crimson Flying Locusts): The release for his Second Shikai activation is Smash His Limbs (shishi o tsubusu yo), in which Susumushi vibrates momentarily then stops. Tōsen then moves it in a circular path leaving a light trail beind it. That light trail then turns into hundreds of blades that rain down on the foe.
- Bankai: Suzumushi Tsuishiki (Cricket Final Form)
- Enma Kōrogi (Devil Cricket): Even whilst in Bankai, Suzumushi Tsuishiki retains the look of a regular Katana
- Bankai Ability: Upon activation of Bankai, Tōsen holds his Katana in his right hand and places the palm of his left on the edge of the ring. The ring then grows and eventually reaches the size of Tōsen himself. Then when Bankai is called the ring splits into 9 equal sized rings and surround the opponent. Then using an immense amount of Spiritual pressure create black voids that grow in size until it creates a large, black dome. This dome is a vacuum that rids the foe of all sense of smell, sight, hearing and being able to sense Spiritual Pressure; Tōsen dubs this as Mumyō (lit. Ignorance). The only sense that is retained is the sense of touch, which proves the Bankai's downfall in the fight with Kenpachi Zaraki. Unlike the usual actions of a Zanpakutō, Suzumushi doesn't covert itself into the huge black dome, but the dome merely acts as an extension of Suzumushi itself, allowing Tōsen to still being able to use his Katana whilst in the dome, however, that's all it is whilst Bankai is active, none of it's other powers can be used during the time period Bankai is active. The main weakness to this seemingly impenetrable Bankai, not only is Tōsen immune to it's powers, but so is the Katana itself, meaning anyone that touches Suzumushi regains their lost senses. The dome has an unlimited time period in which it can be active. It will shred when it is decommissioned, this happens when Tōsen wills it to or become seriously injured in battle.
Hollow Mask: Tōsen's Hollow Mask covers his entire portion of his head and neck, with a hole at the back to allow his hair to poke through. Upon summoning his Hollow mask, his outfit changes, the orange chains that hung round his neck have gone and have been replaced with a chest plate with shoulder guards with the same patterning as his hollow mask. His mask a a smooth, white surface with the only distinquiching feature being the vertical line that runs from the top of his mask to the base, seperating the mask into two sections. He can open the mouth area when needed, when he deos it appears as jagged, rectangular lines to imitate teeth. They also resemble the look of a Garganta.
- Power Amplification: Whilst in his Visored form, Tōsen's new owers somewhat suppliment the ones he has a Shinigami, which give him a vast increase in both speed and strength.
- Increased Strength: Whilst wearing his Hollow Mask, he is shown to have much greater strength. This is shown when he was easily able to block Tenken and kick Komamura to the ground below almost effortlessly.
- Increased Speed: Whilst wearing his Hollow mask Tōsens speed is greatly increse, he uses this to overwhelm Hisagi and Komamura.
- High Speed Regeneration: When wearing his Hollow mask, Tōsen has quickly heal any wounds he recieves during battle, to the extent to that there is no sign any damage was made to his body.
- Grillar Grillo (lit. Lunatic Shackles Cricket): This release command covers Tōsen in darkness and transforms into beastial hollow form. After this transformation, Tōsen becomes somewhat hunch backed with dark black fur covering his body. Unlike other Visoreds, they cannot use Resurrección, this proves not to be the case with Tōsen, assumingly he can also use Bankai. Also, what differentiates him from other Viosords is the hollow hole located on in the middle of his chest. He also possesses clawed hands and feet. From his hunched back protrude two large, sprialed horns, which adorned near the points with two rings and seem to have chains hanging from them. His head looks much like a cricket's with a horizontal line running through the middle. He also has huge, bulbous eyes which allow him sight (despite being blind), with two rings hanging from the horns that protrude just above them. He also has a long, bushy tail and two sets of insect wings.
- Resurrección Ability: In this form, it seems Tōsen gains a more enhanced version of his sound based abilities.
- Hierro: Upon transformation, Tōsen gains some sort of Hierro, this is shown when he stops a fatal blow by Sajin Komamura's Bankai Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō.
- Los Nueve Aspectos (lit. Nine Pagoda Finials Kill): Tōsen moves his hands in a circular motion, causing a massive sound to eminate causing catestrophic damage to the foe. This move caused significant Damage to Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō.
- Cero: Tōsen is able to manifest a double Cero infront of his eyes.
This page has been accessed 10,805 times.